Bobby W. Edmiston was elected as the Bossier Parish Assessor in November 1998.
Bobby is a native of Bossier Parish, Louisiana, and a graduate of Airline High School, class of 1979. He attended Louisiana Tech University where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1984. Bobby is married to Miche’al Holdsworth. He has two children, Ashley and Jesse, and one step son, Kade Keene.
Prior to his election as Bossier Parish Assessor, Bobby worked in the banking industry for 14 years. He ended a successful banking career with Bank One as a Business Development manager. Bobby met the educational requirements to become a Certified Louisiana Assessor (CLA) in November 2000. He has completed over 300 hours of education in International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) courses. His professional organizations include the IAAO and the Louisiana Assessor’s Association, where he serves on the Legislative Committee and as PAC Chairman.
In addition to his local government service, Bobby has also been giving back to the Bossier community in a variety of ways.
Boards and Activities:
- Ex-Officio Member, Bossier Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Past President, Bossier City Rotary Club
- Member, Bossier City Rotary Club
- Member, Bossier Parish Republican Executive Committee
- Member, Executive Committee, Louisiana Asset Management Pool (LAMP) Board of Directors
- Member, International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO)
- Board of Directors, Louisiana State Fair
- Active in Simple Church
As a life-long Bossier Parish resident, Bobby Edmiston knows Bossier and, as Assessor, he pledges to:
- Ensure that all property will be assessed fairly
- Keep the public informed of all rights and benefits afforded to them
- Head an Assessor’s office that is responsive to the public’s needs and sets high-quality customer service as its first priority
Since elected as the Bossier Parish Assessor in 1998, Bobby has accomplished many things to improve the operations of the Assessor’s office, and to better serve the taxpayers. To mention a few:
- Modernized the Assessor’s office by upgrading the computer system
- Opened a satellite office for the convenience of the taxpayers in Bossier City
- Developed a website where taxpayers can obtain information and conduct business through the Internet
- Streamlined the parish permit system to make it more fair and accurate for taxpayers
- Implementation of Geographical Information System (GIS)
Bobby is committed to operating the Assessor’s Office in a manner that is beneficial and convenient for the taxpayers of Bossier Parish. He would appreciate any comments and suggestions so that he may better serve you.